Duration: 13 weeks / 2 hours per week
Certification: NISO Certificate
Commencing: September 2020
Cost: €425 NISO member / €525 non member
Venues / Dates:
- Cork: CSN College of Further Education Cork; Commencing 14 September 2020
- Dublin: NISO Training Centre, Dublin 12; Commencing 15 September 2020
- Limerick: Limerick IT, Moylish Campus; Commencing 15 September 2020
- Mayo: GMIT Castlebar Campus; Commencing 15 September 2020
- Tralee: Venue TBC; Commencing 15 September 2020
- Waterford: Waterford IT; Commencing 15 September 2020
- Westmeath: Athlone IT; Commencing 21 September 2020
Rationale: The Certificate in Occupational Safety, Health and Welfare in Work course is a multidisciplinary course covering the important aspects related to the safe operation of all types of businesses and organisations. This course has been NISO’s flagship health and safety course since 1990 with many participants subsequently pursuing further study and careers in health and safety.
Who should attend?
- Managers, supervisors and safety representatives
- Persons who have some responsibility fro safety health at work
- Persons who wish to gain knowledge in this area
Course Content: Irish Law; Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005; Risk Management; Safety Management; Fire Safety, Emergency Planning and First Aid; Ergonomics; Physical Hazards; Chemical Safety; Psychosocial Hazards; Occupational Health; Accident Causation and Investigation; Construction Safety; Agricultural Safety.
We will provide, in addition to the slide notes, a comprehensive set of notes on each of the subject matters