Air control system removing COVID-19 particles in minutes set to be ‘game-changer’ for Irish hotels, businesses and homes.
Smart building specialists OKTO Technologies launch new revolutionary air control system in Ireland, to address indoor air contamination where testing proves the removal of 99.98% of the Covid-19 virus within 10 minutes.
Smart Buildings Technologists, OKTO Technologies, a Northern Irish family business providing full building technology solutions for luxury hotels, super-prime homes, and commercial offices has today launched a new ‘Wellness Division’ – OKTOair, a solution set to bring a ‘breath of fresh air’ to Ireland, with its Artificial Intelligence-led air filtration solution which has been fast-tracked due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Testing of this new AI-led disinfecting filtration system, which is specifically designed to address indoor air contamination is so advanced it has been proven to remove a proxy virus for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19, from the air with 99.98% elimination within 10 minutes and 100% in 45 minutes. An invaluable feature for hotels, businesses and homes across Ireland, this system is set to minimise the risk of virus transmission on their premises.
OKTOair’s new suite of Wellness Technologies will reassure occupants that the air they breathe is of optimum quality. The Artificial Intelligence-led system was specifically designed to address and eradicate the problem of indoor air contamination and natural allergens/pollens in homes, offices, and hotels. The system will consistently monitor, contrast, and manage indoor air quality, temperature, and humidity. The high-end technology also incorporates a user-friendly dashboard to keep occupants fully informed and updated of all aspects of air quality inside and outside their properties.
Ahead of the launch of OKTOair in Ireland this week, Managing Director of OKTO Technologies Philip Dowds said he believes the launch is timely for businesses across the country.
“Never before has the Irish public need been more focused on feeling safe and protected in the home or work environment. We fast tracked the launch of this system as a result of COVID-19 because we genuinely feel it will have a positive and helpful impact for hotels and businesses across the country as they reopen their doors. OKTOair elevates our Smart Buildings Technologies ethos to a new level by creating living spaces which enable occupiers to thrive and flourish.” he said.
“In the midst of the most densely populated and polluted city centres, where property prices are at a premium, our solutions offer optimum control, comfort, health, wellbeing and ultimately, peace of mind,” he added.
OKTO Technologies currently have a number of ongoing projects in Dublin, but their locations are confidential as they are private residential homes on some of the capital’s most prestigious roads.
The new systems are available now either as a stand-alone installation or can be included within the user-focused Smart Building Systems for which OKTO Technologies are already widely known.
How OKTOair works:
- By analysing 11 key air quality metrics in real time, OKTOair provides a detailed breakdown of pollutants, including the levels of carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, formaldehyde, VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) and ultrafine contaminants measuring 2.5microns (one twentieth of the width of a human hair).
- The system then determines how to best manage the air to achieve optimum living conditions. This ranges from automatically opening or closing vents and windows, to filtering the air through its bespoke AirWorks by OKTO Disinfecting Filtration System (DFS).
- The DFS filter is so advanced it can remove airborne particulates including harmful contagions and pathogens down to 0.007microns, which is 40 times smaller than when filtered by industry leading HEPA systems. AirWorks then purifies the air using electronic disinfection techniques, killing even the smallest bacteria or virus.
The innovation and relevance of the system:
- Based on technology developed by the US military to defend against chemical and biological attack, OKTO is the only company in the UK and Ireland certified to design, develop, and implement the AirWorks DFS system.
- The launch of OKTOair follows 18 months of research and development by the company’s in-house team. However, the process has been fast-tracked in response to heightened concerns surrounding indoor airborne infection risks linked to COVID-19.
- Identified as an ‘invisible’ problem, exposure to polluted air has been a growing concern in other densely populated cities such as London, Paris and New York, where the majority of OKTO’s multi-million-pound projects are located.
Who’s already onboard:
- OKTOair executives are in the final stages of negotiations with several of the world’s leading investment banks to integrate the new system into their London offices. They are also finalising designs for its integration in some of London’s exclusive new Super-Prime residential developments.
For further information on the system and to learn how to monitor, control and protect the air quality in premises see www.OKTOair.com