Customs Bonded Warehousing can be of great benefit to companies selling into the Irish market and/or for companies importing from outside of the European Union, especially those authorized for Processing Under Customs Control (PCC). Crane Worldwide Logistics Ireland can now perform customs clearance receipt of stocks into our customs warehouse with the suspension of duty.
Our logistics experts in Ireland look after the reporting of stocks under our control to Irish Revenue (Customs) and can then transfer stock to our client’s facility under their PCC Authorisation.
Irish exporters, therefore, save significant costs on paying duty on the materials that have been importing as well as savings in relation to exported finished products.
This can mean huge savings for Irish Exporters and/or for the company outside of the European Union selling to Irish Exporters. Located in Shannon, Cork and Dublin, we are here to help!
You can reach out to our Irish team for more information here
What is a customs bonded warehouse?
A customs bonded warehouse is a secure location where goods can be stored, imported and exported. The difference between a non-bonded warehouse and that which is bonded relates to the connection with customs.
When goods are stored in a non-bonded warehouse, an importer must pay taxes on goods received and ensure they are fully inspected immediately. However, when using a customs bonded warehouse, goods can be held until duties and inspections are addressed. In some cases, exporters can defer payment of duty and taxes until the goods have been purchased.
Benefits of a customs bonded warehouse
- A privately owned customs bonded warehouse must have a designated area within the warehouse that is used solely for importing goods.
- The use of a customs bonded warehouse has advantages for long term storage, allowing importers to develop strategic relationships with local vendors.
- Cost Savings are significant as duties are deferred until the goods leave the warehouse.
- Customs bonded warehouses have advantages for storing restricted goods as lengthier periods of time are allowed for storage giving the importer additional time to take care of paper work and legal requirements.
- Ideal for international businesses, a customs bonded warehouse allows a shipper to store goods in strategic locations across the world.
In summary, storing goods in a customs bonded warehouse allows an importer to have a simplified approach to its international shipping processes. Goods are held securely and safely whilst duties and taxes are deferred until the goods leave the warehouse. Lengthier time is allowed for paperwork, payments and inspection and storage can be long term.