Enrolment for September 2020 Intake is now Open.
For full details visit
- Institute of Technology Carlow awards
- Blended Delivery – In class and Online
- Flexible Payment (see FAQs),
- All Benefits of IT Carlow Including Student Card, Online / Library / Blackboard Access
Class / Module Information
- 25 Classes on Saturdays – Blended and Virtual
- Module Based Subjects Over Four Saturdays, Two of which are delivered Online.
- Year 1: Six Modules
- Year 2: Six Modules
- Lectures Begin: 12 September 2020
- Lecturers Finish: 17 April 2021
- Locations: Griffith College Cork
Griffith College Dublin
Griffith College Limerick
About the Higher Certificate:
- The Institute of Technology Carlow awards are open to professionals who wish to further their knowledge in the areas of business, logistics and supply chain management.
- The course is designed for participants who currently work in the industry but do not have the necessary academic achievements to progress their career.
- Students come from a variety of backgrounds across the logistics, supply chain and transport areas.
- Lecturers are Industry Professionals who give real life case studies and examples during class as well as the academic knowledge to underpin learning experience.
- The Higher Certificate is open to all individuals regardless of experience, we welcome those new to the industry looking to pursue a new career.
- An Exit Award (Minor Certificate) is available to those who only complete Year 1.
Year 1 – Certificate:
- Communications and Writing Skills
- Business Applications
- Introduction to Supply Chain Management
- Fundamentals of Finance for Supply Chain
- Warehouse and Transport Management
- Customer Services for Supply Chain
On completion of Year 1 students receive a Certificate in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (Minor Award – 60 Credits)
Year 2 – Higher Certificate:
- Advance Finance
- Management of Supply Chain Operations
- Applied Human Resource Management
- Marketing for Supply Chain
- Customs Clearance and Dangerous Good Awareness
- Work Based Project
On completion of Year 2 students are awarded a Higher Certificate in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (Major Award – 120 Credits).