IgniteNI will this week host a virtual showcase with twenty-one of Northern Ireland’s most promising early stage companies, with support from Invest Northern Ireland. IgniteNI is also opening the invitation to those with an interest in the ecology of entrepreneurship and the start-up technology sector in Northern Ireland.
The Propel Pre-Accelerator Showcase is an opportunity to watch local entrepreneurs pitch their businesses and offers founders, investors, mentors and industry stakeholders a unique glimpse into the future of the rapidly developing start-up economy.
The event will be streamed for the first time on Thursday 25th June at 3pm. To attend please register using the following link: propel-showcase.eventbrite.co.uk
The Showcase will mark the culmination of an intensive 6 month programme, delivered by IgniteNI. Despite restrictions due to Covid-19, the programme successfully hosted over 700 team sessions and exposed companies to investors, experts and company founders from 10 different countries.
The sessions featured insights from hundreds of entrepreneurs at various stages on their start-up journey. These included leaders of some of the largest start-ups in the world, such as Stripe, SendGrid and Monzo. It also included support to the teams from our Alumni who participated on previous IgniteNI delivered Pre-Accelerator and Accelerator programmes, some just a few steps ahead.
Chris McClelland, Programme Director at IgniteNI said: “This year’s Pre-Accelerator teams have faced difficult challenges in understanding the new norm and how their business will fit and prosper post Covid-19. Thanks to an explosion of support from local and international entrepreneurs, speakers and investors, the teams have progressed building stronger, resilient businesses that can overcome and stand the test of time.”
Stephen Wightman, Director for Technology Solutions & New Product Development at Invest NI said: “It is good to see the resilience in this year’s teams, their strong will to succeed and positive response to such rapid changes in the global economy. The Propel Pre-Accelerator Showcase will highlight the hard work, innovation and determination of the businesses, offering investors insight into the future of the Northern Ireland tech start-ups. I am confident the support and drive of Ignite and its partners will enable each to reach new levels of success post-COVID-19 and ultimately benefit the NI economy.“
The 21 teams pitching are:
- Budibase – Build web apps 20 times faster, 20 times cheaper, and a whole lot easier.
- Community Calling – Connecting people in vulnerable situations to a network of local support.
- Cropsafe – Satellite imagery and soil analysis for farms.
- Dotmaker – Furniture from the look you love.
- Enginius – Digital dealership for construction and large machinery.
- Eolas Medical – AI powered systems to support clinical decision making.
- Farm Compare – Helping farmers connect with manufacturers and dealers.
- Flows2Forms – Streamlining business documentation processes.
- Fooday – Self-guided food and drink tours.
- Legitimate – Giving people confidence in online content.
- Lowdown – Highlighting the key information shared in Slack for teams.
- Machine Eye – Human detection and perception systems for safer farms.
- Material Evolution – Smart, sustainable concrete.
- Netminds – Connecting startups with mentors.
- PersonalCarer – Helping find and coordinate experienced carers.
- PulseAI –Transforming Cardiovascular Care using Artificial Intelligence.
- STAND –Smart jewellery for peace of mind.
- The School of Design – Teaching high-performing individuals about the power of design × business.
- VerdantLearn –Helping educators teach online.
- Whoohaz – Helping organisations share people, places and things.
- Workplus –The easier way to find apprentices.
To attend the event, please register: propel-showcase.eventbrite.co.uk